Friday, April 6, 2012

In Response To Chris Beland

Facebook deciding to go public is an inevitable decision that everybody saw coming. I believe it is in the best interest of Facebook to go public, and the owners of stock while it was still private will become instantly wealthy. There is no doubt in my mind that the stock will continue to rise, but the question is for how long? If you rewind time 8 years Facebook was just a fledgling company, in a market that was absolutely controlled by MySpace. Jump ahead to the present and you would be hard pressed to find someone who still used their MySpace account. Trending is something that is constantly occurring, and I'm not sure if Facebook has the longevity that everyone thinks. Speaking of trending, Twitter is the new kid on the block and has a growing following that is poised to compete with Facebook. I believe over time the price of stock in Facebook will begin to decrease, but, I would certainly look into buying some share in Facebook in the meantime, and flip some cash quick. But, I certainly would not put my whole retirement fund into the Facebook basket.

How long do you think Facebook has left atop the social networking throne?

No comments:

Post a Comment